Medical Technologist - (Days/FT)
Company: Clara Maass Medical Center
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility
of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to
residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and
2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of
medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced
wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac
services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the
Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion
featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a
private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby,
Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its
quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog
Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical
Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the
Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive
Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac
Rehabilitation and, Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and
is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare
s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a
designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights
We are currently looking for a Medical Technologist. This position
performs the examination of and test performance in the Core
Laboratory on human specimens for purposes of obtaining information
for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients. This also
includes perming moderate to high complexity testing utilizing
manual methods, semi-automated and automated clinical analyzers in
the areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Stat lab and basic
Microbiology. The incumbent will utilize the Laboratory Information
System, as well as be responsible and accountable for the following
* Coordinate and perform a variety of routine and/or complex
laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area
and personal qualifications.
* Prepare and test specimens for examination and reports
* Follow established in-process quality control procedures,
including recording data.
* Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory
* Troubleshoot basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals,
reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and
* Maintain sufficient supplies at work station.
* Ensure and maintain quality control and assurance activities.
* Use Infection Control practices and procedures.
* Perform related duties, as assigned.
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities described
above, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
* Advanced in your knowledge of the concepts, principles and
practices of medical technology to perform the full range of duties
involved in planning, coordinating and evaluating laboratory
* Aware of quality management standards.
* Knowledgeable of accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements
pertaining to laboratory operations.
* Familiar with statistical evaluation and analysis.
* Apt in laboratory quality control/assurance policies, procedures
and principles, as well as safety practices and regulations.
* A Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate in clinical laboratory science,
chemical, physical or biological Sciences, OR meets NJ Sanitary
Code Chapter 44, Chapter IV, 8:44-2.6 Technologist
* Blood Bank experience required in a hospital setting
* ASCP or eligibility preferred.
* Meets minimum CLIA and NJ standards.
* Six (6) months hospital experience preferred. Successful passing
of screening exam and demonstrated written and practical
competencies in Core Laboratory.
* The flexibility to work various weekends (Required).
* The ability to work various shifts, as needed.
Keywords: Clara Maass Medical Center, Bloomfield , Medical Technologist - (Days/FT), Healthcare , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!