PACU Float RN - West Orange
Company: Bend Memorial Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Must be able to work in: Bloomfield, Saddle Brook and West Orange
Essential Job functions:
Provides total comprehensive care to patients by applying the
nursing process in an organized and systematic manner according to
the Center's policy in keeping with patient safety principles
* Completes initial assessment according to policy.
* Reassesses patient condition per policy.
* Interprets and utilizes clinical data in the plan of care.
* Assesses patient for potential risk factors and intervenes to
mitigate risk and prevent harm.
* Recognizes and integrates patient special needs and
* Adheres to infection control standards specific to patient
* Assumes accountability for managing the delivery of patient care.
Promotes safety in all activities.
* Acts as a patient advocate and uphold patient rights.
* Assesses and responds to individual, psychosocial, and spiritual
needs of the patient.
* Administers medications correctly within the restrictions and
limitations defined by the New Jersey State Practice Act and the
Center's policies and procedures.
* Prioritizes and organizes work assignment and adjusts priorities
based on changing situations.
* Promotes and maintains a safe clean and orderly environment.
* Anticipates potential length of stay or discharge problems.
Communicates proactively to the health care team plan of care
changes in patient condition, the patient progress, the discharge
plan and other relevant information.
* Participates in discharge planning.
* Initiates appropriate nursing measures.
* Communicates and documents change in patients condition to all
* Documents medication use and controlled substance.
* Appropriately secures patient belongings on admission and
* Maintains open collaborative dialogue with the management
* Effectively communicates and interacts with physicians, patients,
families and the public.
* Regularly attends staff meeting, orientations, and in-services.
Services on assigned committees.
* Able to assist with teaching aseptic technique, safety program,
infection prevention and control, and relevant nursing topics.
* Reports promptly and accurately all significant event and
problems to the manager.
* Demonstrates knowledge and the skill understanding and using the
Center's computer system for documentation, charging list reports
and inventory. Participates in training classes as needed.
* Maintains confidentiality of all information in the medical
record and assigned computer codes.
* Maintains current knowledge of ambulatory postanesthesia /
peri-operative nursing practice. Utilizes opportunities for
professional growth by attending continuing education programs.
* Attends seminars and meetings relevant to PACU / Ambulatory
Surgery as requested by the Center.
* Becomes involved with research, new equipment, procedures for the
* Maintains and ensures dress code and decorum. Prominently wears
name identification badge
at all times. Introduces self to patients and patient family
* Promotes good image of Center to patients, physicians, vendors
* Demonstrates professional behavior by being technically
competent, skilled and responsive to the Center's customers in a
compassionate, efficient and effective manner.
* Maintains competencies identified by the Center including but not
limited to mandatory education, equipment and skill competency
review lists, BLS, ACLS, and PALS as required by patient
* Makes self-knowledgeable as to the contents of the Center's
Policy and Procedure Manual.
Competently Manages Care of the Post Anesthesia Patient
* Recovers patients per Recovery Phase I and II policy.
* Demonstrates knowledge of anesthesia agents.
* Interprets dysrhythmias, documents, and intervenes
* Keeps family/significant others informed of patient progress.
Demonstrates the ability and competency to respond quickly and
efficiently in emergency situations.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical emergency preparedness,
Malignant hypothermia. Cardiac Arrest, Latex Allergy.
* Maintains BCLS and code blue competency per policy.
* Recognizes changes in patient condition and responds
* Reprioritizes and delegates other responsibilities during
* Functions calmly and efficiently.
* Proficient in the use of emergency equipment.
* Checks code cart and emergency equipment according to policy.
* Documents emergency intervention according to policy.
Demonstrates the knowledge of nursing responsibilities regarding
* Able to describe AGA classification code for the surgical
* Identifies agents and routes used in administration of
* Identifies risks of all phases of anesthesia and verbalizes
General Job functions:
Participates in the preparation of the patient for surgery Include
as a bullet and other job duties as required. Maintains
communication with reception area and O.R.'s to assure efficient
movement of patients Implements and insures that physician orders
are performed including orders delegated to other health care
professionals. Demonstrates understanding and interpretation of
diagnostic measures such as lab tests, radiology exams and EKG.
Ensures that the Code carts are fully equipped, defibrillators are
in operational readiness and that daily checks are completed. Works
flexible hours assuming responsibility and accountability for
providing patient care. Maintains knowledge of asepsis, infection
control and standard/universal precautions. Reduces chances of
nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection preventing
and control and environmental safety practices. Conducts patient
postoperative follow up calls and completes all documentations
within the defined timeframe. Performs preoperative assessments and
reviews in a timely manner Demonstrates the skill to assume charge
nurse responsibilities in the absence of the nurse manager as
assigned. Maintains confidentiality of all information and the
medical record and assigned computer codes. Actively communicates
and supports the Organization's Mission, Values, Ethics,
Philosophy, Objectives, and Policies and Procedures. Demonstrates
an understanding of how the success of the surgery center is linked
to the success or failure of the customer process. Demonstrates
safe habits in the work place with a concern for the safety of
patients, families, and staff. Maintains current knowledge of the
Center's Emergency Preparedness protocols and procedures. Applies
OSHA standards. Provides a summary of post-op instructions to
patients prior to discharge from the center. Identifies strategies
to increase competency of team members
Physical Job Requirements:
* Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into
* Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking
frequency and weight into consideration.
* Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on
the job, taking distance and speed into account.
* Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while
* Dexterity of hands and fingers.
* Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or
* Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending,
* Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
* Combative Patients / Visitors
* Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non intact
skin, or tissue specimens.
* Contact with patients or patient specimens are possible.
* Unplanned or unexpected exposure.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
* Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* New Jersey State Nursing License required. BLS and ACLS required.
* 2-4 years experience required. 5+ years preferred.
* Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
* Ability to perform diverse work assignments with time limitations
with a high degree of accuracy required.
* Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking and priority
setting skills required.
* Must be able maintain annual competencies.
* Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy
Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
* Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based
* A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate
* Outstanding growth opportunities
* Time Off
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
* 401K plan with company matching contribution
* Cash Bonus Programs
* Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful
* Other Perks & Discounts
* Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using
* Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does
not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed,
gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
(including transgender status), national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants.
Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or
communications. Our Company will never request personal information
via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will
never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other
personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of
potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at
select Our Company locations during regular business hours only.
For information on job scams, visit,
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at
Keywords: Bend Memorial Clinic, Bloomfield , PACU Float RN - West Orange, Healthcare , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!