Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility
of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to
residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and
2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of
medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced
wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac
services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the
Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion
featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a
private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby,
Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for
its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog
Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical
Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the
Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive
Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac
Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is
listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s
Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a
designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights
We are currently looking for a Peri-Operative RN Educator to
facilitate the orientation of perioperative nursing staff within
the Operating Room, through the provision of clinical
instruction/courses, and collaboration of unit preceptors. The
incumbent will act as a consultant and resource person and function
consistently within the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the
Nursing Department, by utilizing a leadership style that fosters
quality patient care, growth, and development of staff. In
addition, He/She will be responsible and accountable for the
* Assess the educational needs and competencies of all levels of
nursing personnel to plan continuing education programs that affect
quality patient care outcomes.
* Assist with CPR Program as needed, Equipment maintenance
Course registration, and Audiovisual preparation.
* Collaborate with nursing management to develop and implement
an orientation program for nursing personnel that will:
* Identify required competencies
* Be based on individual learning needs
* Have consistency with required competencies
* Communicate in an ongoing and timely manner to Nurse Managers
regarding the progress made by nursing personnel in achieving
competency during the orientation program.
* Communicate goals and plans for education/orientation programs
to multidisciplinary team members and other nursing staff members
to enhance continuity of education/orientation programs.
* Conduct evaluations of program presenters/instructors to
validate individual teaching techniques and methodologies.
* Demonstrate effective teaching skills through a variety of
instructional methodologies; utilize adult learning theory and
communication techniques when conducting programs.
* Evaluate the learning outcomes by education/in-service
programs according to program objectives and evaluations.
* Participate in the development and implementation of nursing
service standards, policy/procedures, and protocols.
* Bachelor of Science, Nursing Degree (Required).
* Master's Degree (Preferred).
* A current Registered Nurse NJ State issued License.
* Minimum of 2-5 years of Operating Room RN experience - scrub
* Must have CNOR.
* A demonstrated effective leadership style.
* Strong decision-making, organizational and interpersonal
* Proficient computer skills.
* Membership and actively participate in professional
* BLS Certification (Required).