ShopRite - Shop from Home Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while taking Customers
orders off of the ShopRite website, selecting their order and
communicating any issues with the Customers; to bag the orders,
pack it in totes, store accordingly, bill the order, transport to
the Customer's car and take payment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of these functions requires the Associates to
possess the minimum qualifications listed above. The essential
functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Accurately identify products from various departments.
- Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in
- Accurately collect proper payment and provide proper
- Ability to make change with all denominations of American
- Process all forms of payments (i.e. cash, credit, checks, EBT,
WIC, rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.).
- Properly bag Customer's orders safely and efficiently.
- Be knowledgeable in picking top quality perishable items.
- Be able to substitute comparable items when a Customer's item
is out of stock. This requires excellent communication skills via
phone & in person.
- Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash
handling procedures, if applicable.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to ShopRite From Home Department operations.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they
pertain to the ShopRite From Home operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Bloomfield , ShopRite - Shop from Home Clerk, Other , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!