Highway Department Manager
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Dewberry has an opportunity for an experienced Department
Manager to lead the Highway design team in our Bloomfield, NJ
office. This individual will work underneath Bloomfield's Business
Unit Manager to lead a team of 20-25 engineers/technicians who
provide professional services to numerous public agencies, running
the office's practice in interstate, toll road, highway and street
design. The selected person will be responsible for overseeing a
team performing highway design, assessments and calculations,
preparation of design and contract documents, review of shop
drawings and providing technical support during construction phase.
He/she will also be responsible for conducting aggressive and
targeted business development activities to grow the department,
win more projects of increasing scale, and act as a Project Manager
or Design Manager for large or complex projects requiring seasoned
management skills. Typical projects in the department involve
private, county, state, and regional agency clients in the
transportation and transit market segments. The selected candidate
will be heavily involved in staff professional development, growth,
retention and recruiting, mentoring, training, quality management,
project management practices, and significantly contribute to sales
and revenue generation of the branch's various infrastructure
practices. He/She should expect to act as client manager of a
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that
have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
- Supervise and provide direction, guide, and inspiration to a
staff of 20-25 project managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Successfully perform as Project Manager or, in a design-build
procurement, as Design Manager of large, complex jobs.
- Recruit, retain, develop, mentor, train and grow individual
practitioners and teams.
- Staff project teams with the right number and type of skill
sets to contribute to successful delivery.
- Collaborate pro-actively and productively with other groups and
company offices across the Northeast and US.
- Conduct business development activities and opportunity capture
planning, proposal writing, and oversight; expected to immediately
lead a client team for a NJ State infrastructure client.
- Responsible for operations that lead to meeting revenue and
- Actively contribute to the Highway quality management
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS in Engineering with 20+ years of highway engineering and
- Demonstrated project management success for size-able projects
for the following agencies: NJDOT, NJTA, NJ Counties or
- MS Degree in Civil Engineering is desirable.
- Professional Engineer in NJ required.
- Professional Engineer in NY is desirable.
- Connections with NJDOT, NJTA, NJ counties project
- Experience writing winning proposals and leading successful
client presentations for New Jersey clients.
- Strong interpersonal and effective leadership skills.
- Understanding of transportation design software preferred by
New Jersey agencies.
- Local travel will be required.
- Driving is a requirement of the position. A clean driving
record is required.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual
- All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be
required to submit to a background screening which may include, but
is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, driving record check, criminal background
check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will
be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be
conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and
Keywords: Dewberry, Bloomfield , Highway Department Manager, Other , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!