Software Development Engineer Sr.
Company: CSG Systems Incorporated
Posted on: June 9, 2021
19102 Software Development Engineer Sr. (Open)
US.CO.Remote, US.DC.Remote, US.GA.Atlanta.Office, US.GA.Remote,
US.IL.Chicago.Office, US.IL.Remote, US.IN.Remote,
US.NE.Omaha.Campus, US.NE.Remote, US.NJ.Remote, US.NY.Remote,
US.OH.Remote, US.PA.Philadelphia.Office, US.PA.Remote,
US.TX.Allen.Office, US.TX.Austin.Client, US.TX.Irving.Office,
US.TX.Remote, US.VA.Herndon.Office, US.VA.Remote
Position Pay Range:
Pay Range may vary by geographical location
CSG's vision is to provide flexible, seamless, limitless
communications, information, and content services for everyone. On
the Metrics and Monitoring Team, we contribute to that vision by
maintaining, updating, and improving the various alerting systems
that are used by CSG applications, servers, and hosts. CSG's
Metrics and Monitoring Engineering Team is currently hiring a
Software Development Engineer Sr. Ideal candidate will have a
passion for learning new technologies, AWS experience, and a
culture employing agile development practices. As a Software Dev
II, you will be playing a critical role in supporting CSG's
monitoring and alerting space providing support of our monitoring
tools. You will have the opportunity to make meaningful
contributions to and with a team of people including other talented
development engineers, operational engineers, test engineers,
product owners, and scrum masters. If you are looking to challenge
yourself to grow and to contribute significantly to advance the
monitoring team's mission to provide an end-to-end solution to
monitor their applications and servers, then CSG's Metrics and
Monitoring team is the place for you.
- Experience with at least one object-oriented programming
language (preferably C#)
framework (Angular JS, Angular, React, Backbone, node).
- Experience communicating with non-technical partners to
translate desired behaviors into real technical requirements.
- Experience with source control (Git, SVN)
- Experience with self-driven problem solving through the
application of logical troubleshooting and researching of best
- Experience with common object-oriented design patterns (SOLID,
- Experience with both front end and back end web
- Experience with Restful API development
- Experience with testing frameworks (NUnit, SpecFlow, Selenium,
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile methodologies, particularly SCRUM
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Powershell,
- Experience with refactoring legacy code to improve testability,
maintainability, and changeability.
- Experience with writing windows services in .Net and/or Linux
daemons in .Net Core
- Experience with provisioning, configuring, and supporting AWS
- Experience with writing code for .Net Core lambdas in AWS
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks (Chef,
Terraform, Cloud Formation, Azure Pipelines YML)
- Experience with identifying and articulating technical risks to
a non-technical audience with the purpose of strongly advocating
for a change of course on a crucial project.
- Experience with event-driven and asynchronous application
- Experience with Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven development
Really Nice to have:
- Experience with supporting core libraries consumed by multiple
downstream projects, bonus points if those downstream projects are
maintained by someone else.
- Experience with developing, troubleshooting, supporting, and
improving complex multi-threaded applications and services.
CSG is proud to offer employee-focused benefits that are robust
in design and support a wide spectrum of employee well-being needs.
Included in our benefits package is your choice of 3 medical plans
administered by United HealthCare, MetLife dental, and vision
coverage. CSG also offers an Incentive Savings Plan (401k),
serviced by Fidelity Investments. CSG makes a dollar-for-dollar
Matching Contribution based on the first 5.5% of your eligible pay
you contribute as Pre-Tax or Roth After-Tax Contributions. All
contributions are immediately 100% vested. At CSG, we recognize the
ability to take time away to recharge is important. We offer a US
Tiered Vacation Plan for non-exempt (hourly) roles, and a Flexible
Vacation plan for all exempt (salaried) employees. For more benefit
details, please Click Here.
This role is eligible for a bonus opportunity.
Keywords: CSG Systems Incorporated, Bloomfield , Software Development Engineer Sr., Other , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!