Company: ASun Star
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Program Facilitator for I/DD After School and Weekend Program
Job SummaryThe ASun Star offers programs of various expanded
learning and mentoring opportunities for participants. The
facilitator is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing
core and non-core programs/ activities and experiences for children
in a group setting. They will also be responsible for the general
safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the
participants in his/her group, while also providing high quality
educational and recreational experiences for participants that
focus on ASun Star core values. In instances that there is a
co-facilitator or other staff, the facilitator will be considered
the "Team Lead." Reports to program
- Provide supervision and care of (up to) 20 participants,
- Teach by modeling and demonstrating characteristics that
participants can learn from.
- Develop classroom and behavioral management skills
- Lead and plan recreational activities
- Communicate regularly with the Coordinator in regards to lesson
planning and implementation
- Develop relationships with children and their families.
- Enforce all safety procedures and protocols with the
- Document all issues as needed including participant's behavior
- Report all medical, emergency, physical/ verbal incidents in
the "incident Report Book." And report them to the coordinator and
- Making sure that the curriculum is being followed and that
program is on time for all components. If not, report this to the
- Weekly documentation for each youth and making sure that other
staff/ co-facilitators complete weekly documentation.
- Completing daily progress documentation for QA calls to parents
and referral agencies.
- Completing program status emails to the office listing
participants, no shows (w/ reasoning), and any problems/ concerns
that day. Coordinator should be cc'd on emails
- Complete assigned responsibilities including set-up, clean-up,
and program maintenance.
- Supervise lunchtime and snack time activities.
- Facilitators are also expected to help in the design, plan and
lead the implementation of special projects in and out of
- Attend mandatory monthly program meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assignedWe expect you to---Be punctual,
responsible, positive in attitude, and provide encouragement to
children. Teach, supervise, and organize games. Set up all
activities before the program starts and clean up the room at the
end of program. Assist in any activities needed for the orderly
operation of the program, ensure equipment is properly signed out
and that all equipment is properly cleaned and returned. Be able to
handle crises appropriately per the policy and procedure manual and
report incidents to the coordinator and other necessary staff.
Communicate with parents in regards to the participant's progress
and challenges. Attend regular staff meetings and trainings,
complete necessary paperwork, and work cooperatively with other
staff members as a team in the program.Minimum Qualifications:
- Previous experience working with children who have intellectual
and developmental disabilities. Experience in youth development,
mentoring, teaching or managing children required; either in a
formal or informal environment.
- Must be energetic, creative, responsible, dependable and have
an enthusiasm for children and program areas.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem
solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at all times.
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Actively participate in or lead programs, games, and
- Communicate positively when disciplining and interacting with
- Must pass a criminal background check, cari check, and any
other agency requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Desire and ability to supervise, lead, and positively manage
campers and work with other staff in a cooperative, team-oriented
- Possess excellent character, integrity, adaptability, patience,
self-control, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Possess NJ state Driver's License
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.Job Type:
Part-timePay: From $16.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:To keep our Program
Facilitators safe we're following all CDC guidelines and ensuring
that we screen all individuals entering our location and have
limited the amount of people in-location.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Intellectual/ Developmental Disability: 1 year (Preferred)
- afterschool and/or group: 1 year (Preferred)
- Applied behavior analysis: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: ASun Star, Bloomfield , Program Facilitator, Other , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!