Posted on: May 18, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if
applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating
performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds
through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance
to standards and policies.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates
compliance with local, state and federal building codes, SDS, OSHA,
EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Coordinates engineering contractors and vendors, making sure
insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including
fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and
completion. Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in
apartments and common areas including refurbishment for
- Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including
landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
- Prepares and follows approved budget. Tracks utility
consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and
equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance. Maintains all
required engineering files.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community and determines the best course of action to correct the
problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by
assisting as needed.
- Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company
standards.Education and ExperienceAssociate's Degree or equivalent
from a two year college or technical school and a minimum of three
to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Certifications, Licenses,
and Other Special RequirementsValid State Driver's License required
for vehicle travel, as needed. Management/Decision MakingApplies
existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within
a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these. Knowledge and
SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function
and a thorough understanding of the organization and work
environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Keywords: Brookdale, Bloomfield , Director, Maintenance, Professions , Bloomfield, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!