Patient Care Technician-Emergency Department-$1,500 Hiring Incentive!
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Patient Care Technician-Emergency Department-$1,500
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMCM Nursing Operations Division
Date Posted: 11/02/2022
Job ID: R-40209
Job SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Job DutiesPerforms a wide variety of patient care and clerical
duties, including but not limited to general patient care,
phlebotomy, and milk lab responsibilities under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse. -Maintains a patient care and
unit environment consistent with the policies, procedures, and
practices. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in
the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed, within the nursing assistant
scope of practice, in meeting the multidisciplinary care plan
established for each patient. - This includes phlebotomy, wound
care, splinting, milk lab, and EKG's.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician orders.
- Identifies, observes, and documents the physical needs of the
patient according to established standards.
- Reports changes in patient condition to licensed personnel in a
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care.
- Accurately processes specimens and provides timely transport of
the specimen to the laboratory, including the blood bank.
- Performs point of care patient testing and point of care
instrument maintenance and quality control.
- May be required to do venipuncture.
- May be required to perform duties of the milk lab tech
- Assists in problem solving, trouble shooting and taking
corrective measures in care and maintenance of equipment and
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new staff and students in
a positive manner. Performs clerical duties for admissions,
transfers, discharges, and deaths according to standards and
facilitates patient throughput activities.
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate
- Coordinate's transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Communicates patient related information promptly to the
appropriate care team member.
- Assists in ordering supplies.
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and
from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates (internal
candidates not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package that starts day one of
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
- ERG's provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to
build internal and external networks and further develop
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lorie Lopez, Recruiterfirstname.lastname@example.org
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required),
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Bloomfield , Patient Care Technician-Emergency Department-$1,500 Hiring Incentive!, Professions , Muncy, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!